COVID-19 UPDATE: 28/07/2020
We’re welcoming back our routine exams, treatment, and hygiene appointments
(At all Damira Practices except Island Health, South Ham, Weston Lane, West Street)
- Island Health: From the 3rd August emergency appointments are available
- South Ham: Emergency appointments & Private treatments are now available
- Weston Lane: From the 3rd August emergency appointments are available
- West Street: All treatments are available now except routine exams
We reopened our doors to patients on the 8th June and throughout this time, we have been carefully planning our phased re-opening.
Initially, we only saw emergencies and prioritised patients in pain. Since we have now managed to successfully help these people, we are pleased to announce we are ready to move onto phase two.
Phase 2: Routine Exams, Treatment and Hygiene
From the 1st of July we will re-open for routine exams, treatment, and hygiene.
If your appointment was cancelled during the lockdown period, you can now call to rebook or these appointments. If your appointment was rearranged, you can also reschedule it. We hope that you will be flexible as we prepare to return to our usual clinical hours.
We aim to honour any appointments currently scheduled in the diary. If you have an appointment booked, please assume it will go ahead unless you receive a call or email from our reception team.
Please note the below when you attend your appointments:
- Please attend the appointment alone unless you need a carer or you are the parent or guardian of the patient.
- Please check your email before your appointment, and complete the relevant documents on the patient portal.
- Do not bring heavy coats or valuables as you may be asked to leave belongings outside of the surgery during your appointment.
- We will ask you to make payment over the telephone when booking your appointment.
- Toilet facilities will not be available during your visit so please ensure you refrain from drinking too much fluid before you arrive.
- When you arrive for your appointment please remain outside of the practice/ in your car until the receptionist calls you to enter the practice.
- Upon entrance to the practice one of our nurses will ask you to sanitise your hands and may request you apply a face mask.
- You will be escorted through the building and asked not to touch anything on your way to the surgery. On entering the surgery, you will be asked to wash your hands.
- After treatment we will ask you to apply the face mask (if applicable) and escorted out of the building, removing your face mask on exit.
A safe environment where you can be seen, assessed, and treated without concern for your own safety.
Please be reassured that we have very stringent cross infection procedures, so the risk of contracting COVID-19 is highly unlikely.
We look forward to seeing you very soon.
Damira Dental Studios