This privacy notice sets out how Damira Dental Studios uses and protects any information that you provide when you use our website, mobile website or other mobile applications. This privacy notice, which applies to https://www.damiradental.co.uk/, is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
The confidentiality of your information is of paramount concern to Damira and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You do not have to provide any personal information in order to use most of our website. However, you may decide to provide information about yourself to take advantage of some of the more personalised services that are available on our website. We may also collect certain information to help us make improvements to the site and our marketing strategies.
What information may we collect?
If you decide to submit data to Damira, we may use that information to identify you as an individual. We refer to any information that may identify you as an individual such as your name and email address, as ‘personal data’ or ‘personal information’.
The personal data that we may ask for includes the following:
- Job title
- Contact information including email address
- Social media identifiers
- Employment information (where relevant e.g. if you are applying for a job with us)
- Other information that you provide to us via our website (e.g. by completing our online forms or subscribing to or requesting any of our services)
- Information that you provide when you are interacting with social media on our website
- Information that you share with us through our applications and third party platforms
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access
We collect in both written and verbal formats:
- Paper forms that you complete as a patient such as medical history forms, consent forms, finance agreements, NHS documents, Patient record forms, treatment plans, letters
- Online forms via Patient Portal
- Online enquiries via our website and any e-mail or otherwise digital correspondence.
- Telephone and face to face conversations
To provide the best care available at Damira Dental Studios, we send SMS, email and telephone call reminders, as it is in your legitimate interest to be reminded about your appointments.
We also request feedback via email to allow patients to review our dentists, our practice, our environment, and services. It is in your legitimate interest to be able to provide us with information as to how we can improve, where we are doing well, and how we can learn.
Both reminders and feedback requests are strictly not used for marketing purposes. For any marketing, advertising, or promotional purposes, your information is used ONLY where you have provided your explicit consent and we have obtained, noted, and confirmed your permission to do so.
We record some of our telephone calls for several reasons:
- Providing evidence of a transaction
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations
- Ensuring quality standards or targets are being met
- Prevention or detection of crime
- Training purposes
- Quality Monitoring
- During the Covid-19 pandemic, triaging and consultations have largely been carried out over the telephone where possible to reduce the volume of patients entering the practice
This is stated in a pre-recorded message which is played when you call us. The call data is kept in a secure portal which can be accessed by senior management team members if required.
Sometimes you may decide to submit personal information which is of a more private nature, which we refer to as ‘sensitive information’, such as:
- Ethnic origin
- Any underlying health conditions that may affect your eligibility for a job
We may collect this sensitive information if you decide to give it to us and if we believe the processing of this information is necessary employment information if you are applying for a job with us. We will only use this information for the purposes of this role and to ensure that we comply with regulations or legislation geared to the employment process itself.
Third-Party Personal Information
Before you share any information with us about other people, you must make sure that you have their consent to do so.
Anonymous, aggregated data collected
We may also gather information about your computer and how you use our website. This information is typically anonymous and the analytics that we share for this purpose will not identify you as an individual. We refer to this as ‘non-personal’ information. The collection of this non-personal data is in order for us to learn more about your, and our other users’, online behaviour so we can improve our website, mobile website and general marketing to provide a better experience of our brand and cater more to your needs. From time to time we may also analyse IP addresses, user agent strings or other technical information for these purposes.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand the needs of our visitors and people who contact us. We may use your personal data to:
- Allow you to participate in the interactive features of our site, should you wish to do so;
- Customise our website according to your interests;
- To process job applications;
- To comply with the law; and keep records and analyse website use
Where this information identifies you personally, it will be treated in accordance with this privacy notice.
- We have your permission
- The third party provides helps us to provide services to you
- We are required to do so by law or to enforce our terms and conditions, rights or property or the rights or property of any third party or
- In connection with the sale of a business or its assets
Where is your personal information kept?
We employ administrative, electronic and physical security measures to ensure that the information that we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Password protection
- Locked cabinets/rooms
- Practice security systems (including CCTV)
- Virus protection
- Secure servers
- Back-up facilities
- Secure cloud-based storage
How long will we keep your data for?
We may hold personal information for as long as it is necessary to do so, having regard to the purposes for which it was collected and the purposes for which it is to be used.
Non-personal information may be held for as long as it is necessary in order that we can monitor aggregated statistics about use of our site and exposure to our brand.
Where we receive a request to delete personal information from our systems, it is not always possible to completely delete the data due to technical constraints. We also retain a back-up archive of data where this is necessary to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce Terms and Conditions. However, we keep this data under periodic review to ensure it is still necessary for us to retain it, in compliance with UK Data Protection Law.
Controlling your information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You only need to complete the information that we have identified as mandatory. If we asked for any non-mandatory information, you can choose whether or not to provide it
- Whenever we ask you for information, look for the box that indicates how you want us to use that information
- You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you
- A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you
- You may also contact us to update or amend your personal information or to remove yourself from our mailing lists at any time
- If you have any concern about how we collect and use your information, please contact us
Security of your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect online.
If the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your personal information is encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server. However, we cannot ensure the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages. All transmissions of personal information and other data are done at your own risk.
You are invited to participate in the social media activities that may be available on our website from time to time if you wish to do so. You should not use this forum to share any private details about yourself or others (other than your social media identifier, such as username). Any information that you post will be available to others and we cannot take responsibility for how they may use your personal data.
Damira Dental Studios, Head Office, 1st Floor, The High Barn, Pinner Hiller Road, Pinner, Middlesex, HA5 3YQ
If you would like to discuss with us how we use your personal data, or if you have any queries about this privacy notice, please contact us on 0208 150 9751.