Preventative dentistry for children
With just two examinations in a year, your child will stand a much better chance of avoiding fillings and extractions.
We recommend that all of our patients, however old or young, visit us at least twice a year for regular examinations so that we can spot early signs of decay and remove any build-up of plaque.
These examinations can also help us to detect early signs of more serious illnesses such as oral cancer. Even our patients who have dentures are recommended to visit every six months.
As well as twice-yearly examinations with a Damira dentist which can help benefit you and your child from preventative treatment, our hygienists can also provide:
- Dietary advice (including the use of food and sugar diaries)
- Oral hygiene advice (we can recommend home-care products and techniques that best suit you and your child)
- Advice on how to prevent your child from sucking their thumb
- Specialised cleaning for children undergoing orthodontic treatments
- A full range of health and cosmetic clean and care treatments
- Help and support with children’s dental anxiety and fear
Interested in dental expert advice?
If you have any questions about preventative dentistry, find your nearest Damira practice and contact our friendly team to speak with one of our dental professionals.